The Minnick Family Cemetery
The Minnick family first came to the Cedar Park area in the 1800's. Reverend John L. Minnick, a Baptist minister, was born October 6, 1804 in Virginia. He was a minister at New Hope Baptist Church in Cedar Park in 1871.The Minnick Family Cemetery was first established in 1876 with the burial of Jasper Minnick, infant son of Rev. John L. and Louisa Turner Minnick. The Cemetery is located on land that once served as the Minnick family farm and is now the final resting place for many of the descendants of John & Louisa Minnick.
Two unmarked graves are believed to be those of indigent neighbors (one child and one adult woman) who were buried there with the permission of the Minnick family.
The Minnick Family Cemetery Association was established as a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in 2001 by Minnick family members to preserve the family's local heritage and tend to the grounds.
The Minnick Family Cemetery is designated as a Texas Historical Landmark.